Kenney Reservoir is abundantly stocked with crappie, catfish, and carp. Additional species include rainbow trout, yellow bullhead, green sunfish, and whitefish.
Great Fishing Spots:
Kenney Reservoir is home to a multitude of fantastic fishing spots. Here's a map to get you started finding to perfect fishing hole:
Photo Courtesy of Margaret Slaugh
June 1st and 2nd 2019 Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District Fishing Berby
The Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District in cooperation with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife is pleased to present the 2019 Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District, Fishing Derby. The goal of the event is to promote, educate, and showcase available water-related outdoor recreation in western Rio Blanco County in conjunction with the Colorado FREE Fishing Weekend of June 1st and 2nd while creating an outdoor opportunity of participation for youth, families, and individuals. The event includes a NO FEE boating and camping weekend at Kenney Reservoir commencing Friday the day before the fishing derby. The event includes free boating and camping at Kenney Reservoir and is hi-lighted with a 2-day fishing derby which includes a youth fishing derby on Saturday, June 1st with awesome prizes!!
- Registraton will be June 1at at 8:30 AM at the Kenney Reservoir Marina. Individuals and teas must register for the event and attedn t mandatory "Pre-Derby" kick off meeting at 8:45 AM
- Youth Fishing Derby will be Saturday June 1st 9:00am to 1:00pm. Prize awards at 1:30 PM June 1st.
- Team/Individual Fishing Derby begins Saturday June 1st at 9:00am going until Sunday June 2nd at 3:00pm. Prize awards at 3:30pm June 2nd.
- All Colorado Parks and Wildlife and Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District regulations must be followed. Failure to follow rules may lead to disqualification.
- Derby boundary is the RBWCD boundaries. (Roughly from Stedman Mesa to the Utah border including the Town of Rangely Camper Park fish pond all within Rio Blanco County and the Lower White River. See map below for details.)
- All decisions made by Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District staff will be final.
All Colorado Parks and Wildlife laws and limits are strictly enforced. For additional information on Colorado fishing laws please visit the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website or contact the local CPW office.
The Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District is not responsible for accidents, injury, or theft.
In the interest of public safety and for the preservation of the recreational facilities we require all users to abide by the following rules:
- Place trash in containers provided
- Glass bottles are not permitted in any area
- Conduct yourself in a safe and courteous manner at all times
- Obey all Colorado Boating Rules and Regulations
- Keep all pets on a leash and clean up after them
- Build fires only in designated fire rings or grills
- Do not cut trees or shrubs for firewood
- Discharge of fireworks and firearms is strictly prohibited
For More Information:
Address: 2252 East Main Street, Rangely Co 81648
Phone: (970) 657-5055
Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District wishes you & your party an enjoyable stay!