Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS)
Together Let's Stop Hitchhikers!
Before launching, your watercraft Must be mussel-free. It's the law! Mandatory boat inspection are routine at numerous reservoirs, some state points of entry, roadside stops, and other waterbodies.
The following serve as an inspection or decontamination receipt:
- Self-Deccontamination form can be obtained at the Rio Blanco Conservancy District
Professional decontamination is another option
Professional Decomtamination certified specialists use scalding (140 degrees F) water to wash your trailer and boat inside and out plus flush your ballast tanks, bilge, livewells, and moter.
Locate professional decontamination unites:
- Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District - (970) 675-5055
- Utha Division of Wildlife Resources - (801) 538-4700
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife - (303) 291-7295
- The STD of the Sea
- Invasive Mussel Hotline - 1-800-662-3337
For more information: