Rules and Regulations
Virtually all state government agencies issue rules and regulations of some kind. Most rules and regulations exist at the direction of the state legislature in order to regulate certain business and personal activities. Rules and regulations exist because it’s easier to update them, eliminate them, or alter them administratively than it is to pass new legislation each year as conditions change.
The process of reviewing and changing rules and regulations is a public one. The rules and regulations issued by the Colorado Department of Public Safety are shown here so that you may know about the process and can comment on how they could affect you or your business. Your comments will be taken into consideration during the review process, and you are always welcome to attend any meetings associated with the review process. If you have questions concerning CDPS rules, please contact Bobbie Mooney at email@example.com.
Invitation for Comment for the Division of Fire Prevention and Control (DFPC)
DFPC is preparing to promulgate rules as authorized by §24-33.5-1203.5, C.R.S., necessary to achieve several objectives:
Create 8 CCR 1507-57, a new rule concerning building and fire code enforcement and certification of inspectors for limited gaming facilities in Colorado in accordance with §44-30-515, C.R.S..
Create 8 CCR 1507-101, a new rule that consolidates the code adoption provisions and inspector certification provisions of all the fire and life safety programs administered by DFPC. This proposed rule aims to simplify administration and compliance.
Remove the direct references to adopted Codes and Standards from the individual rules for each fire and life safety program administered from DFPC, and replace them with references to the new 8 CCR 1507-101. This change will impact the rules for the Fire Suppression, Fireworks, Health Facilities, Schools, Waste Tire, and (new) Limited Gaming programs.
Remove the rules and procedures for certifying fire inspectors and plan reviewers from the individual rules for each program administered from DFPC, and replace them with reference to the new 8 CCR 1507-101. This change will impact the Fire Suppression, Health Facilities, Schools, and (new) Limited Gaming programs.
Address a few deficiencies identified in the rules. Specifically, in 8 CCR 1507-31 (Health Facilities), correct “qualified fire inspectors” to “certified fire inspectors” to align with the referenced definition in C.R.S. 24-33.5-1202(2.5). And, in 8 CCR 1507-11 (Fire Suppression) and in 8 CCR 1507-12 (Fireworks), update the procedures for suspension, denial, or revocation of registrations and licenses in order to comply with the requirements of the Colorado Administrative Procedure Act at C.R.S. 24-4-104. Other minor typographical or numerical errors are also addressed.
Drafts of the proposed new and amended rules are linked below and comments may be submitted electronically using the following URLs:
- Limited Gaming (8 CCR 1507-57) - Comment Form: https://goo.gl/forms/BtlcGLNx6qgLbD7z1
- General Rule (8 CCR 1507-101) - Comment Form: https://goo.gl/forms/UukG1EvvYM5lciaw2
- Suppression (8 CCR 1507-11) - Comment Form: https://goo.gl/forms/7yj0SBjzMHAAdY392
- Fireworks (8 CCR 1507-12) - Comment Form: https://goo.gl/forms/F0eFSvPehjdsJS9D3
- Schools (8 CCR 1507-30) - Comment Form: https://goo.gl/forms/qkfaXrrcye122Bq83
- Healthcare (8 CCR 1507-31) - Comment Form: https://goo.gl/forms/meapyrDjWdtcnCED3
- Waste Tire (8 CCR 1507-53) - Comment Form: https://goo.gl/forms/iqdZHHnXY4WZnTT03
Invitation for Comment for the Colorado State Patrol
The Colorado State Patrol invites the public to comment on the following sets of rules:
- 8 CCR 1507-1, Minimum Standards for the Operation of Commercial Vehicles
- 8 CCR 1507-25, Rules and Regulations Concerning the Permitting, Routing, and Transportation of Hazardous Materials and Nuclear Materials and the Intrastate Transportation of Agricultural Products in Colorado
- 8 CCR 1507-28, Port of Entry Rules for Commercial Motor Carrier Size, Weight, and Clearance
Address comments and questions by November 12, 2018 to the attention of Angelina Page:
- US Mail - CSP Port of Entry Branch, 15075 S Golden Rd, Golden, CO 80401
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hearing Accouncement for Division of Criminal Justice Rules
The Division of Criminal Justice invites the public to attend a hearing and comment on the repeal of the following sets of outdated rules:
- 8 CCR 1507-2, Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement Advisory Board
- 8 CCR 1507-4, Standards for the Administration of Crime Victim Compensation Programs
- 8 CCR 1507-5, Standards for the Administration of Crime Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement (VALE) Programs
- 8 CCR 1507-15, Review of Violations of the Standards for the Administration of the Crime Victim Compensation and Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement Programs and Related Sanctions
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018
- 1:30 p.m.
- 690 Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80215, 1st Floor Conference Room **bring a photo ID for entry to the building**
**Note that the current effective Standards for the Administration of Victim Compensation Programs, Standards for the Administration of Victim Assistance and Law Enforcement Programs (VALE), and Review of Violations of the Standards for the Administration of Crime Victim Compensation and Law Enforcement Programs and Related Sanctions are not being repealed by this action and can be found on the Office for Victims Programs website at https://www.colorado.gov/dcj/ovp.
Address comments and questions by November 26, 2018 to the attention of Anthony Tilger, Rulemaking Coordinator
- US Mail - 700 Kipling St, Ste 1000, Lakewood, CO 80215
- Email - email@example.com
Rule Announcement for Colorado State Patrol
The Colorado State Patrol invites the public to review the exhibits from a public hearing on the following set of rules:
- 8 CCR 1507-56, Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) Program
- The hearing occurred Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 8:30 a.m. at the CSP Academy, Building 100, 15165 S Golden Rd, Golden, CO 80401