Rules and Regulations
Virtually all state government agencies issue rules and regulations of some kind. Most rules and regulations exist at the direction of the state legislature in order to regulate certain business and personal activities. Rules and regulations exist because it’s easier to update them, eliminate them, or alter them administratively than it is to pass new legislation each year as conditions change.
The process of reviewing and changing rules and regulations is a public one. The rules and regulations issued by the Colorado Department of Public Safety are shown here so that you may know about the process and can comment on how they could affect you or your business. Your comments will be taken into consideration during the review process, and you are always welcome to attend any meetings associated with the review process. If you have questions concerning CDPS rules, please contact Bobbie Mooney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DFPC Rule Making Hearing Exhibits
HEARING: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 9:00 a.m., 690 Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80215, 1st Floor Conference Room
Please note that the exhibits posted here do not include the email addresses of stakeholders we notified regarding this hearing and the opportunity to comment. Complete evidence of our stakeholder outreach efforts will be included in the permanent record of this rulemaking, and may be viewed at our offices upon request.
Hearing Announcement for Colorado State Patrol Rules
The Colorado State Patrol invites the public to attend a hearing and comment on amendments to the following sets of rules:
- 8 CCR 1507-1, Minimum Standards for the Operation of Commercial Vehicles
- 8 CCR 1507-25, Rules and Regulations Concerning the Permitting, Routing, and Transportation of Hazardous Materials and Nuclear Materials and the Intrastate Transportation of Agricultural Products in Colorado
- 8 CCR 1507-28, Port of Entry Rules for Commercial Motor Carrier Size, Weight, and Clearance
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- 1:30 p.m.
- 690 Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80215, 1st Floor Conference Room **bring a photo ID for entry to the building**
Address comments and questions to the attention of Angelina Page:
- US Mail - CSP Port of Entry Branch, 15075 S Golden Rd, Golden, CO 80401
- Email - email@example.com
Hearing Announcement for Division of Fire Prevention and Control Rules
The Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control invites the public to attend a hearing and comment on the following sets of rules:
- Limited Gaming Facilities Program (8 CCR 1507-57) (NEW)
- Fire & Life Safety Programs General Rule (8 CCR 1507-101) (NEW)
- Fire Suppression Systems Program (8 CCR 1507-11)
- Persons Dealing with Fireworks (8 CCR 1507-12)
- Schools Program (8 CCR 1507-30)
- Healthcare Facilities Program (8 CCR 1507-31)
- Waste Tire Facilities Program (8 CCR 1507-53)
Thursday, January 31, 2019, 9:00 a.m.
690 Kipling St, Lakewood, CO 80215, 1st Floor Conference Room
**bring a photo ID for entry to the building**
Address comments and questions to the attention of Chris Brunette:
- US Mail - DFPC Life & Life Safety Section, 700 Kipling, Suite 4100, Lakewood, CO 80215
- Email - Chris.Brunette@state.co.us