January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month
(Jan. 2, 2018) -- January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month across the country, with various events, trainings and campaigns happening in Colorado to raise awareness of this pervasive problem. The Colorado Human Trafficking Council encourages members of the public to get educated and get involved.
- Wear blue on Jan. 11. The Department of Homeland Security's Blue Campaign has launched #WearBlueDay in observance of National Human Trafficking Awareness Day on Jan. 11. #WearBlueDay lets you show your support for the issue of human trafficking via social media. Here's how you can participate:
- Wear your favorite article of blue clothing.
- Snap a photo of yourself, friends, family, and colleagues wearing blue.
- Post your photograph on social media with the #WearBlueDay and #WeWearBlueBecause, telling the world why you wear blue.
- Attend a lecture or event hosted by the University of Denver's Human Trafficking Center in January. View Schedule of Events here.
- Sign up to attend Northern Colorado's first Human Trafficking Symposium.
- Subscribe to the Human Trafficking Council Newsletter.