Mayor's Report - April/May 2018
The Mayor's Report
This past month has been a busy one, as spring time often is. Below is an update of the various pursuits of the mayors office.
- April 4th, 2018, CIRSA presentation: The Town of Pitkin hosted CIRSA’s Tami Tanoue for an effective governance presentation and Q&A. The slides from this presentation can be found on our web-site. (download the slides HERE)
- Mayor/Manager monthly meetings: I attended the April 5th Mayor Manager Meeting in Mt. Crested Butte and the May 3rd meeting in Gunnison. We need a June 7th representative in my absence, and Pitkin will host the July 12th meeting.
- April 26th, 2018 Preliminary Budget Meeting: The Clerk and Mayor met with DOLA’s regional manager Kimberly Bullen and the budget program manager Parker Crowe to review DOLA’s budget analysis of Pitkin. They will be scheduled for a Town meeting to present the information and advice on remaining within best business practices.
- Alpine Tunnel and Pitkin: Matthew McCombs, USFS District Ranger connected me with Emily Olsen, the Colorado Director of the National Forrest Foundation. The hope is to develop a collaborative plan that would raise awareness and produce forward momentum in the fund raising and repair of Alpine Tunnel.
- Pitkin snow and ice policy: The ballot measure to increase the mill levy to help fund streets did not pass. This means there are no additional funds for this department to cover snow and ice removal. I am communicating with the departments/contracts involved and will keep the community informed.
Web-site “Resources” page: such as FAQ, Municipal Tools, Getting Involved: Watch for new web-site content that will link the public to resources and tools for understanding governmental organization requirements and processes: Sites such as DOLA (Department of Local Affairs), DORA (Department of Regulatory Agencies), CML (Colorado Municipal League), CIRSA (Colorado Intergovernmental Risk Sharing Agency) etc…