Executive Director Job Description
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Phillips County Economic Development Corporation
(PCEDC) Board of Directors
RESPONSIBILITY: The Executive Director shall be responsible for all facets of the operations of the Phillips County Economic Development Corporation. General duties include administration of the office, budgeting and other fiscal matters, and management of the daily operations. The Director will assist with implementing and monitoring the mission statement and the strategic plan developed by the Board of Directors. The Director will also represent the Corporation to outside agencies, organizations, and individuals.
Specific Executive Director Duties
- Oversee the operation of the office. Have a balanced physical presence throughout Phillips County.
- Assist in implementing the goals, objectives, strategies, and policies of the PCEDC.
- Prepare and manage the fiscal budget approved by the Board of Directors. Monitor all spending and purchasing and approve or gain approval of all expenses. Conduct treasury operations to include monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting for the state and federal reporting.
- Prepare agendas and reports for regular and special meetings. Prepare an annual report for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations according to the By-Laws.
- Assist the Board of Directors in membership recruitment and fund raising.
- Assist with grant acquisitions by facilitating information and resources available to entities within the county.
- Provide the public with information on activities, including coordinating information, meetings, workshops, conferences, and with local and social media.
- Attend governmental and other local meetings when appropriate. Give Bi-Annual Reports to County and City and Town Elected Officials.
- Be a representative at regional, state, and national meetings, conferences, and educational seminars when directed by the Board of Directors.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIC PLAN PROGRAMS:
- Maintain an up-to-date countywide inventory of existing industries, businesses, products, services, and key contacts.
- Broaden community outreach by performing general maintenance and updates on the website, social media content, newsletters, as well any other printed material.
- Maintain communication with local entrepreneurs and existing businesses for retention and expansion purposes. Assist local businesses to identify, develop, and penetrate new markets.
- Perform other duties relevant to the strategic plan focus areas as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Encourage recruitment efforts for job creation.
- Preferred Experience in non-profit, finance, marketing, accounting, business, economics or related field.
- Experience with key software programs including Quickbooks and Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self starter and ability to work independently excellent time management skills
- General knowledge of overall business operations
- Ensure confidentiality of all business development opportunities, documentation, and information
PCED STRATEGIC PLAN FOCUS AREAS
- Broaden Community Outreach
- Build County Economic Development Capacity
- Enhance Board and Organizational Development
PCED MISSION STATEMENT
Phillips County Economic Development Corporation will be a resource-driven catalyst for economic development throughout Phillips County