Kay Schmdit - Victims Advocate Director
221 South Interocean Avenue
Holyoke, CO 80734
(T) 970-854-3144 (F) 970-854-2332
Kay Schmidt - Director
If you, a loved one, or a member of your family has been affected by crisis, trauma or concerns following criminal victimization or require assistance or support as the result of other stark misfortune, please contact the Victims Advocate office.
As members of the Phillips/Sedgwick Counties Sheriff's Office, we are dedicated to serving the citizens of the cities and counties of Phillips and Sedgwick. We understand that crime and victimization affects individuals, families, neighborhoods and communities in a variety of ways. We offer a number of services, resources and information designed to assist you.
The Victims Advocate can give you information about how the court system works and what is happening with your case. The Advocate can also talk to you about the impact of the crime and answer your questions. Please feel free to review the information and resources throughout our website and call us if we may be of assistance.
Some of the services available are:
- Crime Victim Compensation Program,
- Restitution and Victim Impact Statement assistance,
- Information on the status of your case,
- Court accompaniment,
- Call-Off System. We attempt to call you as soon as we know an event in your case has been continued or called off,
- Employer Intervention,
- Referral to other services which may be of help to you,
- Transportation and lodging, as necessary, when subpoenaed to testify,
- Interpretation and special needs services.
Please keep the Victims Advocate office updated and provide your current phone numbers and addresses you can be contacted as necessary.
Volunteering opportunity with the Victims Advocate
The Victims Advocate office is currently recruiting volunteers to join our After-Hours Team.
Please contact Kay Schmidt for additional details.