Clerk & Recorder
Madene “Beth” Zilla
Phillips County Clerk and Recorder
Phillips County Clerk’s Office since 1999
Phillips County Clerk since 2003
Val Danielson – Deputy Clerk
Mary Roberts – Elections Deputy
Debbie Bennett - Motor Vehicle Clerk/Accounts Payable Clerk
221 South Interocean Avenue
Holyoke, CO 80734
(T) 970-854-3131 (F) 970-854-4745
Clerk & Recorder Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Drivers License: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Phillips County Clerk's team mission is dedication to the highest quality of customer service delivered with integrity, friendliness and enthusiasm.
Responsibilities of the Clerk & Recorder:
- Chief Election Official of Phillips County
- Agent of the State of Colorado for motor vehicle titling and licensing
- Agent of the State of Colorado for issuing driver’s licenses
- Ex-officio recorder of property and other legal documents for Phillips County including registrar of torrens
- Agent of the State of Colorado for issuing marriage licenses and certificates
- Clerk to the Board of Phillips County Commissioners
- Accounts payable