Data & Reports
State of Colorado Lean Report
The State of Colorado Lean Report reflects work done to achieve Governor John Hickenlooper's vision of a government that is more efficient, effective, and elegant by making customer-focused improvements and utilizing the expertise and knowledge of those who best know these processes.
- The Departments of Revenue and Personnel completed a project that will cut the time it takes to process a lll tax form from 30+ days to 1-2 days, with ongoing annual cost savings of $2.0 million
- The Department of Education has cut the teacher license evaluation time from 20-40 days to 10 days
- A Workers Compensation Dispute Resolution project has cut process time from 30+ days to 16 days
- In our mental health hospital, the admissions process has been reduced from 19 days to 7 days
- The Department of Corrections has increased the number of offenders released with a valid ID by threefold
Lean Case Studies
Importance of Strong Middle Managers: This case study presents a practical perspective on the typical challenges presented to leaders by a Lean transition.
Lean Thinking in Call Centers: This case study highlights approaches to using common Lean tools and tactics as well as hard work to achieve measurable and positive benefits in a call center environment.
Lean Thinking in Case Processing: This case study covers the phases of Characterize Issues and Solve Problems.
Lean Thinking in Corrections: This case study shows how launching the transformation required Lean-inspired collaboration among numerous leaders and their front-lines.
Lean Thinking in Education: This case study highlights Lean tools used to achieve higher First Call Resolution (FCR) across the State of Colorado Department of Education (CDE) Office of Professional Services inbound call center.
Lean Thinking in Healthcare: This case study shows how using common Lean tactics like Value Stream Analysis, 5S, Histograms, Fishbone and Control Charts yield uncommon results.
Lean Thinking in New Zealand: This series of four case studies underpins the need for investments in planning and design and implementation of any Lean initiative.
Lean Thinking in Order Processing: This case study demonstrates the application of Lean concepts in terms of forecasts and internal orders in the printed circuit board assembly industry.
Lean Thinking in Regulatory Compliance: This case study covers numerous techniques specific to Evaluate Performance, Characterize Issues, Solve Problems, and Sustain Gains.
Lean Thinking in Startups: This series of web videos demonstrates the useful application of customer experimentation and active feedback loops within the Lean Startup Movement.