- ID Cards are issued beginning at age 11.
- The first membership card is issued free. There is a nominal charge for replacement cards.
Minors at the Recreation Center
- Children under age 11 must be accompanied by a guardian aged 16 years or older while in the building.
- Ages 0—7 must be under direct supervision at all times; that is, the guardian must be in the same room and within eye contact of the child.
- Ages 8—10 may be indirectly supervised by the guardian who remains in the building.
Locks for Lockers
- Bring your own locks or rent one from the front desk.
- Remember to remove your lock each day after use, unless you rent an annual lock.
- The Recreation Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Bring your own towel or rent one from the front desk.
- Swimsuits are required for men, women, boys, girls, and infants.
- T-shirts [except black t-shirts because of reaction with chlorine] may be worn over a bathing suit.
- Patrons with children of the opposite sex ages 5 and up must utilize the Family Changing Room.
- A soap shower is required before entering the pool complex. Showers must be repeated after sunbathing and/or sitting in the sauna before re-entering the pool or spa.
- Children under age 11 must be accompanied by guardian at least age 16 [Unless they can pass a swim test].
- Any child using a flotation device must be accompanied by a guardian who is in the water with them at all times.
- Absolutely no one under age 16 is allowed in the spa or sauna.
- No diving and/or flips off the side of the pool are allowed.
- Swim diapers are required on all children in the pool under age 3 and for all non-toilet trained children. Swim diapers help prevent pool contamination. Accidents can shut down the entire pool for hours or days. Swim diapers can be purchased at the front desk.
The GVRC weight room is for adults over 18 years old. Children 14 to 17 years old must participate in an orientation class on Mondays at 2:00p to gain access. As of January 1, 2017 there is no additional fee for access to the GVRC weight room.