These documents affect your legal rights. Please read it before signing. If you do not understand any part, you are urged to consult your attorney.
In consideration of the permission granted by the Releasers to use the Recreation District and its program, by signing RELEASE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, for myself , my spouse, my children, and my heirs, legal representatives, executors and assigns, waive, release and covenant not to sue the following persons and entities: Parachute/Battlement Mesa Park and Recreation District; Town of Parachute; Garfield District #16; Grand Valley Recreation Center and each of their officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, consultants, lessees, subcontractors, successors, and assigns (collectively, and “releases”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and cause of action whatsoever arising out of any physical or property damages, losses or injuries while upon the premises of the Parachute/Battlement Mesa Park and Recreation District property, School District #16 Property, Town of Parachute property leased by the Recreation District , Park Association property leased by the Recreation District or while participating in or attending any sport, recreational or other program or activity sponsored or sanctioned by Releases, or in any other tort committed by the Releases or from any other cause exception of gross, wanton and willful misconduct of the releases.
I understand and recognize that there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, injuries, or even death that may result in my participation or attendance at the Recreation District property, School District #16’s property, the Town of Parachute’s property and the Grand Valley Recreation Center’s property or programs. I voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation or attendance. This Waiver, Release, and Covenant not to sue is effective immediately and shall survive the termination of my rights to use the Recreation District property; the Town of Parachute property or the Grand Valley Recreation Center’s property and to participate in the programs offered by the same. Notwithstanding anything herein that might be construed to the contrary, nothing herein shall be deemed or construed as an acceptance by any of the Releases, either now or in the future, of any responsibility, obligation or liability for the acts of any person or entity (whether a Release or not) that are outside the scope of their employment and/or duties with respect to the Recreation District, School District #16; Town of Parachute; Grand Valley Recreation Center and their programs, nor shall anything herein be deemed or construed as a waiver, limitation or abrogation of the rights privileges and immunities afforded to certain Releases under the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act (C.R.S. Section #24-10-101, et seq.) as the same may be amended from time to time.
I have read this WAIVER, RELEASE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE and understand all of its terms. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance.
GRAND VALLEY RECREATION CENTER RISK DISCLOSURE
In consideration for the right to participate in Grand Valley Recreation Center programs or activities, I hereby agree to the following:
I understand that any recreational activity, including independent activities at the Grand Valley Recreation Center or classes for which I am registering, involve certain risks to my or my child’s personal safety and property or the safety and property of others. I agree that it is solely my responsibility to insure my or my child’s health is adequate and my or my child’s capabilities are sufficient to participate in the activities. I understand that I, or my child may be photographed and give permission for photographs to be used to publicize activities for the Grand Valley Recreation Center. In the event of an emergency I give consent for me or my child to be taken to and treated at the nearest medical facility, understanding that every effort will be made to contact the emergency contact person set forth on registration forms and membership application forms. In such event, I shall be solely responsible for all medical expenses associated with medical care. If I am signing this agreement on behalf of a minor I understand that the foregoing agreements apply equally to the child.
GENERAL REFUND AND TRANSFER POLICY
I understand that memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. I agree to abide by the rules and guidelines of the Grand Valley Recreation Center. I understand that one membership card will be issued to each eligible person 11 years or older; if the membership card is lost there will be a nominal fee for replacement. This membership is valid through the end of the calendar year. My activation will then need updated the first of each year.
PARENTS CODE OF ETHICS
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and administrators at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect.
- I will try not to take myself too seriously when it comes to my involvement in youth sports, reminding myself that there is life beyond youth sports. This is a youth sports program and is not the adult, professional league.
- I will remember that the game is for the youth – not for the adults.
- I will teach my children by giving them a good example of good sportsmanship, winning without gloating and losing without complaining.
- I will maintain a “Fun is Number One” attitude.
- I will become familiar with the rules of the sport and the objectives of the youth sports program and have reasonable and realistic expectations.
- I will praise my children; their teammates, and their opponents just for participating, regardless of their skill.
- I will remember to look for the positive(s) with my children, their teammates and their opponents.
- I will remain calm when my children or their teammates make mistakes and will help them learn from their mistakes.
- I will remind my children not to get down on themselves when things don’t go well.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child(ren).
- I will be responsible for my actions and the actions of the spectators that I may bring.
- I will not use profanity around the practices or the games. And, I will not direct profanity towards the coaches, spectators, officials, opponents, other team players, etc.
- I understand that if my child/children or I cannot control their negative emotions, they may be asked to leave the practice or game and may not be allowed back to participate.
- I understand that if my child/children or myself are asked to leave the practice or game two times, my child will no longer be allowed to participate in PBMPRD programs.
Feel free to request copies of these documents for your records.