Board Adopts Fees and Rate Adjustments
At the April 20, 2017, Regular Meeting of the District, the District’s Board of Directors adopted Resolution 2017-04-01: Amended and Restated Resolution Concerning the Imposition of Various Fees, Rates, Penalties, and Charges for Water and Sewer Services and Facilities. The adjustments in the Resolution’s Fee Schedule included:
- Establishing a returned check/electronic funds payment fee of $25.00;
- Implementing a water meter re-read fee of $40.00 that will be imposed whenever a customer requests that their meter be re-read in dispute of a meter reading and the District confirms that a disputed water meter read is correct;
- Adjusting the Tier 1 water usage from 10,000 gallons to 15,000 for ¾-inch water service connections;
- The water service connection charge, tap fees, and sewer collection fees are determined by applying Single-Family Equivalent (SFE) Multiplier based on water service tap size;
- Setting the three-quarter inch tap rates as the base rate for the other tap sizes; and
- Determining water usage tiers for water service connections larger than ¾ inch by factoring the SFE Multiplier to the three-quarter inch water usage tiers.
The adjustments become effective June 1, 2017 and will apply to water usage charges and fees that are billable in June 2017. That includes, but is not limited to, water usage from the May 2017 meter readings.