Grand Valley Cemetery District
The Grand Valley Cemetery District oversees the Russey-Hurlburt cemetery and the Battlement Mesa Cemetery. The district's board members are as follows
President: Dusty Richards
Secretary: Denise Chiaretta
Board Member: Rita Douglas
Board Member: Kerwin Stark
and Superviso/Caretaker: Orville Douglas
Contact information for the Grounds: 970-285-7460/Cell: 970-230-1000
The Grand Valley Cemetery District Memorial Guidelines are as follows:
Memorial dimensions are not to exceed 24" from front to back and 42" from side to side for a single grave and 24" from front to back and 72" from side to side fora two grave memorial.
Battlement Mesa Cemetery:
In the old section memorial dimensions are not to exceed 24" from front to back and 42" from a single grave and 24" from front to back and 72: from side to side for a two grave memorial.
In the new section memorials are to be flat only, not to exceed 24" from front to back and 48" from side to side for a single grave and 24" from front to back and 96" from side to side for a two grave memorial.
Prior Notice Must be Given to the Cemetery Supervisor Five Days Before Placement.
Contact Orville Douglas at Home or Cell
Any benches or other type of memorials must be approved by the Cemetery Supervisor prior to placement and failure to do so will result in their removal at the owner's expense.
Grand Valley Cemetery District Rules & Regulation
- ALL MONUMENTS must be put up or removed by permission of the Cemetery Supervisor. Enclosures around lots or graves are prohibited and will be removed. The Cemetery District is not liable for damage to structures from lawn care or causes outside its control.
- PLANTING by other than cemetery personnel is prohibited. The Superintendent reserves the right to remove any plant that interferes with the general design of the Cemetery.
- DOGS are not permitted, except when kept within an automobile and restrained.
- GLASS JARS or similar containers are strictly prohibited.
- ARTIFICIAL FLOWERS and wreaths are permitted on graves from 11/1 to 3/31 Floral arrangements may be placed on internment locations during the summer but must be removed within 5 days. Flowers can be put in vases on the monuments anytime.