ARRA Fraud Reporting
Please Beware of FRAUD ... The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 Program has Concluded.
We have been notified that consumers have been receiving phone calls telling them they have been awarded a grant through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, but in order to get the grant, the caller asks for bank account and other personally identifying information. Ultimately, consumers do not receive any grant money, and may lose their own money in the process.
- Government grants have to be applied for in order to receive. You must apply for government grants in order to be eligible to receive the benefits. If you did not apply for a grant, you will not be eligible to receive the funds.
- The government doesn't call you to contact you for such matters. The government will not notify you of your eligibility over the phone. The government notifies grant recipients through mailed letters or e-mails based on your submitted grant application.
- If you get one of these calls, just hang up. You may be tempted to call back, but this will only give the scammer another opportunity to steal your information.
- Don’t give out your personal information to someone you don’t know. Never give out your bank account numbers, date of birth, credit card number or Social Security number to an unsolicited caller or anyone you don’t know.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau if you have received one of these calls.
Again -- The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 Program has Concluded.
Fraud involves intentional acts to obtain unauthorized or unlawful gain, such as theft or embezzlement.
The State of Colorado has the following ways to report fraud:
· Senior and Consumer Reporting
Medicare, Medicaid and Child Welfare Payments
Highway and Bridge Construction
- Department of Transportation or call (800) 461-9330
Local School District
- contact directly
All Other Fraud
- Contact the Office of the State Auditor's Fraud Reporting Hotling at 303-866-6234. Below is also a link to the Auditor's website.
Office of the State Auditor Website Link