Prospective REPs must pass an open-book, online regulatory examination based on OPS statutes, regulations, guidance, policies and forms. Applicants will be eligible to take the examination once their REP application has been approved. Approved Applicants will receive an email with a link to the online exam. When the approved applicant is signed up as a student for the exam, a link to the exam will be sent to their email address.
All of the resources the exam draws from are available online, and it is advisable to open these resources prior to logging into the exam portal.
- The exam is comprised of 50 multiple choice and true/false questions.
- The distribution of questions is as follows:
- 60% Remediation
- 25% Compliance
- 15% Petroleum Storage Tank Fund
- A three-hour test period has been established for the exam.
- A passing grade of 80% and above has been established.
- An Applicant will be eligible to retake the exam in one month if a passing grade is not achieved.