RULES FOR OUTDOOR WATER USE
Water is a limited resource in our dry climate. Using water wisely not only saves you money, but it's the right thing to do. North Washington Street Water and Sanitation District's summer watering rules are enforced May 1 to Oct. 1, so please use only what you need.
* Water during cooler times of the day - lawn watering is not allowed
between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
* Water no more than three days per week.
* Do not allow water to pool in gutters, streets and alleys.
* Do not waste water by letting it spray on concrete or asphalt.
* Repair leaking sprinkler systems within 10 days.
* Do not irrigate while it is raining or during high winds.
* Use hose nozzle with a shut-off valve when washing your car.
Rules for watering new seed and sod
North Washington Street Water customers with newly planted seed, sod or planted material may water as necessary, for 21 days. After 21 days, routine watering is limited to no more than three days per week and not between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. To submit your request for a 21-day watering exemption, call 303-288-6664.
Report water waste
If you see water waste that does not meet these rules, call North Washington Water at 303-288-6664.
These rules are mandatory. Repeat offenders may be fined.