Morgan County Oil and Gas Regulations
On May 15, 2018 the Board of County Commissioners proposed the oil and gas regulations be referred back to the Planning Commissioner for review at their meeting on June 11, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.. Below you will find three documents that will be reviewed.
- Current oil and gas regulations
- Draft oil and gas regulations
- Draft resolution to adopt oil and gas regulations
On March 27, 2018 a Resolution was passed which became effective immediately, that now defines by zoning, parcel size or other factor which oil and gas activities are uses by right, uses that require conditional use permits, uses that require special use permits and those which are prohibitive uses. Resolution 2018 BCC 14
Related recent Oil and Gas Resolutions or stakeholder information:
Injection Well Stakeholder Presentations
- COGCC, Induced Seismicity
- EWS Overview - Morgan County
- Injection Well Construction and Operation
- Weld County Injection Wells
- Induced Earthquakes
The BOCC appreciates all the assistance and participation of concerned citizens, industry representatives, and local operators and producers from within Morgan County.