Motor Vehicle Department
Susan L. Bailey, Morgan County Clerk
231 Ensign Street, P.O. Box 1399
Fort Morgan, CO 80751
970-542-3521 option 2
970-542-3525 (motor vehicle fax)
Hours 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Mondays - Friday
Closed all legal holidays.
Department of Motor Vehicles Website: https://www.colorado.gov/dmv
NEW! Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles Online DMV System "DRIVES" - Available August 6, 2018
The Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles new online DMV system "DRIVES" is available starting August 6, 2018. Click HERE for a description of all services provided by this system and how these online services can help you "Skip the Trip" to the DMV.
Below is a list of available online vehicle services with a direct link to that service:
- Request a duplicate registration card - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Request a duplicate title - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Apply for an emissions waiver - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Estimate registration fees - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Become a third party IRP agent - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Create an IRP account - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Manage my placards - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Submit a first-time vehicle registration - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Apply for an out-of-state emissions extension - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Request a personalized plate - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Apply for a first-time placard - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Get a transaction receipt - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Renew a vehicle registration - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Replace tabs - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Check a title status - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
- Add/change a vehicle address - https://mydmv.colorado.gov/?Li
If you are looking for: Title Info, Registration Info, License Plates Info including Regular License Plates, Group License Plates, Military License Plates, Alumni License plates or other License Plates, Person With Disabilities Info, Other Information see the following link: http://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/vehicles.
Mobile Home Forms
Find Mobile Home Forms here: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dola/procedures-testing-forms
Late Fees on Registration Renewals
In Colorado, a one month grace period is given for all renewals. (Example: If your plates expire in February, you have until the last working day in March to renew your plates.) Mandatory late fees are collected after the one month grace period for every month past the grace period on your vehicle up to a maximum of $100.00. This fee is in addition to standard renewal fees.
If transferring a Colorado title to your name without a lien, a new title may be printed. The person whose name is on the title that is being transferred to must be present with a photo ID. Note: Secure and verifiable identification will be required.
License Plate Cost ESTIMATES
Our office will be happy to give an estimate on your plate cost. You must provide the following information: year, make and model of the vehicle (VIN # will get the estimate closer.) However, this is ONLY an estimate. Without the actual title work, we are unable to give the exact amount. Any estimate given (exact or not) will change if we go into a new month, because the ownership tax is charged from the date of purchase until you plate the vehicle, based on the value and year of the vehicle.
Proof of Insurance Requirements
Proof of insurance is required for every transaction, whether for permit or registration. Colorado requires that all registered vehicles operating on Colorado roads be properly insured. Effective July 1, 1999, all owners of Tax Class C (passenger, motorhome, and motorcycle) will be required to provide proof of insurance for the vehicle prior to vehicle registrations/renewal. Effective May 12, 2000, owners of Tax Class B vehicles (including light trucks and SUV's) must show proof of insurance before registering vehicles. This does not change the fact that all motor vehicle types must have insurance coverage.