The Moffat County Zoning Resolution covers all of the County's zoning requirements. Call the Planning Department for all zoning information, i.e. uses permitted in each zone, building set-backs, size requirement of parcel or lot, how to apply for a conditional use, variance or zone change.
Moffat County Zoning Resolution Section 100-Title and Authority (PDF)
Moffat County Zoning Resolution Section 200-Interpretation and Definitions (PDF)
Moffat County Zoning Resolution Section 300-Districts and Maps (PDF)
Moffat County Zoning Resolution Section 400-District Regulations (PDF)
Moffat County Zoning Resolution Section 500-Administration (PDF)
Moffat County Zoning Resolution Section 600-Amendments & Director Classifications (PDF)
- A Agricultural District
- Minimum lot/parcel size: 5 acres. Private water/septic.
- R-R Rural Residential District
- Minimum lot/parcel size: 3 acres. Private water/septic. Where community water or public septic system is provided, a minimum of 2 acres is required. Where both community water and septic system are provided, a minimum 1 acre lot size is required.
Remaining County Zoning Districts
- R-C Rural Community District
- R-1 Low Density Residential District
- R-2 Medium Density Residential District
- MH-2 Mobile Home Park District
- B Business District
- C Commercial District
- L-I Light Industrial
- H-I Heavy Industrial
- O Open District