Moffat Road Memorabilia
Moffat Road Display
Denver Northwestern & Pacific RR
Denver & Salt Lake RR
Dan Davidson, museum director pictured with Railroad Display
This collection of Moffat Road memorabilia has been a significant addition to the museum. Carefully collected over many years by a local collector, it is now a permanent exhibit at the museum.
In 1903 David Moffat began construction on the "Denver Northwestern & Pacific Railroad" (DNW&P). It began in Denver Colorado, continued northwesterly and was projected originally to go through Craig Colorado to Salt Lake City, Utah. Unfortunately David Moffat and his investors ran out of money and the railroad never made it further than Craig. In 1913, when the railroad reached Craig, the name was changed to the "Denver & Salt Lake Railroad" (D&SL). The name was again changed in 1947, when it was reorganized and merged with the "Denver & Rio Grande Western" (D&RGW).
The "Marcia Car" on display in the Craig city park, and available for viewing and tours. Completely restored, the car was David Moffat's private business car, named after his daughter.