Frequently Asked Questions

What if I think someone is or may be abusing or neglecting their child?

If you think someone is abusing or neglecting a child, you are urged to report. You may be the only avenue to help for that child. If you wish, you may report anonymously. The reporting party's identity is confidential and will not be released. To report, call the Department during office hours or the on-call worker after hours. An unsubstantiated child abuse report will never hurt a child. We appreciate the concern of the members of the community for each and every child with whom they interact.

What if I know someone is committing fraud?

Call the Department at 824-8282. We will investigate and take action to assure that only those who qualify receive benefits. If you wish, you may remain anonymous.

What can you tell me about Health First Colorado for Families?

Applications for Health First Colorado can be mailed to the office. No interview is necessary. If children are ineligible for Health First Colorado, a referral will be made to CHP+ on their behalf. Working families may also be eligible for Health First Colorado.