County Extension Office
Jessica Counts, County Extension Director (4-H Youth)
539 Barclay Street
Craig, CO 81625
Phone: (970) 824-9180
Colorado State University Extension and Moffat County Pest Management provides research-based information and education in agriculture, horticulture, family and consumer sciences, 4-H Youth development, and weed and pest management relevant to Moffat County. Information is available at your request on numerous subjects including youth programs, family health and nutrition, home environment, tree and lawn care, gardening, pasture management, livestock management, and pest management (weeds and insects).
Stop by and ask for samples of the more than 500 fact sheets available or a list of the hundreds of publications. Some of these fact sheets and publications are readily available at the CSU Extension website: CSU Fact Sheets.
Like us on Facebook!
Needs Assessment Survey - . Our office asking for feedback to help us determine the most appropriate programming for our Agriculture, Horticulture, Family & Consumer Science, and 4-H communities. This survey is also available in paper-form at the Extension Office! We are hoping to get as much feedback as possible through the month of October.
Also available at the Extension Office:
- Water testing kits
- Hay testing
- Soil testing
- Pressure canner gauge testing
- Insect identification
- Plant identification
- Radon test kits
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Healthful Living
- Food Safety and Nutrition
- Family Well-Being
- Home Environment
- Finances and Resource Management
Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Range/Pasture Management
- Livestock Management
4-H Youth Development
- Monthly 4-H Newsletter
- Traditional 4-H programs for ages 8 to 18 years old
- Cloverbud program for ages 5 to 7 years old
- Programs are available to schools and youth groups
- Growing together through 4-H strengthens the family
- Share your time and interests by becoming a 4-H Leader
- Integrated Pest Management programs
- Recommendations for land owners & operators
- Weed management opportunities
- IPM mosquito abatement and monitoring
- Weed, rodent and insect control programs
For more information about the Moffat County Extension Office, click here.