Secure and Verifiable Identification
Identification for Titling & Registration
The following identification documents are acceptable for purposes of processing an application for a Certificate of Title and / or Registration. These documents have been determined to meet the qualification as secure and verifiable pursuant to 24-72.1-103(1) C.R.S.:
- Any Colorado driver’s license or Colorado identification card expired less than one year (temporary paper license with previous Colorado license is acceptable)
- Certificate of naturalization with intact photo
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship with intact photo
- Out-of-state photo driver’s license or photo identification card expired less than one year
- Valid 1551 Resident Alien / Permanent Resident Card, 1688B, and 1766 Employment Authorization cards
- Valid 1688 Temporary Resident card
- No border crosser or USA B1 / B2 Visa / BCC cards.
- Valid foreign passport with I-94 or valid processed for 1551 stamps
- No B1, B2, WT, WB, CP, or NC status
- H1, H2, J1, J2, F1, F2, etc. required verification of Colorado employment or education
- Valid U.S. military ID (active duty, dependent, retired, reserve, and National Guard)
- Tribal identification card
- U.S. Passport expired less than 10 years.
We recommend that photo identification card from the list above be presented. However, the following identification documents are also acceptable for purposes of processing an application for a Certificate of Title and / or Registration:
- I-94 with refugee / alien status.
- Certified Birth Certificate (federal, state, county, Department of Justice, Department of State and Bureau and Indian Affairs)
- Birth certificates issued by a hospitals not accepted
- Original or certified copy of DD214 (U.S. military separation papers) from the Department of Defense or Veteran Affairs
- Any DD214 with the disclaimer "not to be used for identification" is not acceptable
- Temporary Colorado paper driver license, Colorado seven-day Affidavit and Notice of Revocation or Affidavit and Notice of Suspension
- United States or United States Territory certified court order of adoption (must include date of birth)