Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
ELECTION INFORMATION: Ballots for the June 26, 2018 Primary Election will be mailed next week June 4 – June 8, 2018. The Primary Election will be conducted as an all Mail Ballot Election. This means there will be no voting at precincts on Election Day June 26, 2018. The only Voter Service and Polling Center will be the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, Colorado.
The ballot you receive in the mail is your official ballot and the ballot you need to vote and return to our office for processing. Ballots are mailed to all Active Eligible Voters. As soon as you receive your ballot you may vote the ballot with your choices and then return it to the Clerk & Recorder’s Office during office hours or by mail.
UNAFFILIATED VOTERS: An unaffiliated voter may cast a ballot for any one political party. If an unaffiliated voter returns a ballot for more than one major political party, the ballot will be rejected and none of the votes will be counted.
Remember to allow enough time for the ballot to reach our office! Postmarks do not count! Mail-in ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. June 26, 2018.
TIPS FOR MAIL BALLOTS:
- You will receive in the mail your official ballot, secrecy sleeve with instructions and a return envelope.
- Unaffiliated voters your ballot packet will contain both Democratic and Republican Party ballots. ONLY RETURN ONE!
- Use a blue or black ink pen that will not bleed through the paper to vote your ballot.
- To vote for a candidate whose name appears on the ballot, completely fill in the oval to the left of your choice.
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections and leave the rest blank.
- After marking your ballot, place the ballot inside the secrecy sleeve that came with your ballot.
- Place the ballot and the secrecy sleeve in your return envelope addressed to Logan County Clerk and Recorder, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751.
- Before sealing the envelope, please sign the signature affidavit located on the back of the envelope. This is required in order for your ballot to be processed. We must compare every signature to make sure that the intended voter was the one who signed the envelope.
8. We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot off at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Sterling, CO 80751, located on the first floor, northwest corner of the Courthouse or,
- Drop your ballot in the 24/7 drop box located in the Courthouse parking lot (Ash Street entrance) east side of the parking area (no postage necessary).
You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided but (adequate postage will be required)
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT:
What if my ballot does not arrive? If your Primary Election ballot does not arrive by June 15, 2018 please come to the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main St. Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 to obtain a replacement ballot.
I spoiled my ballot, now what do I do? Please call the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 522-1544 or stop by our office. You may obtain a replacement ballot during normal business hours; from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What do I do with my mail-in ballot? You can vote your ballot any time after you receive the ballot. You can either mail it back with a first class stamp or bring it to the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 Or drop it in the 24/7 Drive up Drop Box. You may do this any time up to June 26, 2018 all ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. election day in order to be counted.
REMEMBER: Logan County Drop Box can be used for Voted Ballots, Motor Vehicle Renewals or Tax Payments or any other correspondence that needs to get to a county office at the Courthouse (no postage necessary for the county drop box).
Primary Election Day: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 ballot will be mailed to all active voters.
June 4 – June 8, 2018: Ballots for the Primary Election will be mailed to voters this week.
Saturday, June 23, 2018: Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office will be open 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for return of mail-in ballots; issue replacement ballots; register to vote; update address; update name; cast a ballot or vote a provisional ballot.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO