Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
ELECTION ALERTS: Active eligible voter ballots for the November 5, 2019 Coordinated Election were mailed October 11, 2019. If you have not received your ballot by October 25, 2019 contact our office at 970-522-1544.
November 5, 2019 Coordinated Election will be conducted as an all Mail Ballot Election. The ballot you receive in the mail is your Official Election Ballot.
Please contact our office and we can assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about your registration or your ballot.
RETURNING YOUR VOTED BALLOT: Ballots may be voted and returned to the Clerk and Recorder’s Office any time after receiving the ballot in the mail. It is not necessary to wait until Election Day to vote.
*Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots or to register to vote.
TIPS FOR MAIL BALLOTS:
- Receive ballot, secrecy sleeve and return envelope in the mail.
- Use a blue or black pen to vote your ballot. Make sure the ink will not bleed through the paper.
- Make selection of candidates and questions you wish to vote on by completely filling in the oval provided to the left of your choice.
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections and leave the others blank.
- Place the ballot inside of the secrecy sleeve in your return envelope addressed to Logan County Clerk and Recorder, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling.
- Before sealing the envelope, please sign the signature affidavit located on the back of the envelope. This is required in order for your ballot to be processed.
- You may then drop your ballot off at the Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Sterling, CO 80751, or place (1) one first class stamps on your ballot return envelope with the secrecy sleeve and mail it back.
- Remember to allow enough time for mail delivery of your voted ballot. All ballots must be returned to the Clerk and Recorder’s office by Election Day, November 5, 2019 by 7:00 p.m. in order to be counted, whether by hand delivery or mail delivery.
C.R.S 1-7.5 (3)(b.5)(II) The signing of the self-affirmation on the return envelope shall constitute an affirmation by the elector, under penalty of perjury, that the facts stated in the self-affirmation are true. (5)(c) For any election conducted with or coordinated by the county clerk, the signature of the eligible elector on the return envelope shall compared with the signature of the elector on file in the office of the county clerk or in the statewide voter registration system. This process is done by election judges approved by both political party chairmen.
We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot off at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Sterling, CO 80751, located on the first floor, northwest corner of the Courthouse or,
- drop your ballot in the 24/7 Drive Up Drop Box located in the Courthouse parking lot (Ash Street entrance) east side of the parking area (no postage necessary).
- You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided (1 FIRST CLASS STAMP REQUIRED)
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019 COORDINATED ELECTION:
- October 28, 2019, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the Coordinated Election. (through the 8th day prior to the election)
- October 29, 2019 Tuesday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 28, 2019, Monday – November 5, 2019, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
- Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
- November 5, 2019: ELECTION DAY
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO