Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
ELECTION NEWS: November 5, 2019 Coordinated Election will be an all-mail ballot delivery. Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible registered electors October 11-October 18, 2019.
Participating Entities for the November 5, 2019 Coordinated Election are as follows:
- City of Sterling Mayor, Councilmember Ward 1, Ward 2, Ward 3 Candidates
- Peetz Plateau School District School Director Candidates
- Aims Community College Candidates
- State Proposition CC (STATUTORY)
- State Proposition DD (STATUTORY)
- City of Sterling Referred Ballot Question 2F
- Town of Iliff Referred Ballot Question 2G
C.R.S. 1-13-106 Forgery- Any person who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any ballot before or after it has been cast, or who forges any name of a person as a signer or witness to a petition or nomination paper, or who forges any letter of acceptance, declination, or withdrawal, or who forges the name of a registered elector to a voter’s mail-in or mail ballot commits forgery which is a class five 5 felony.
C.R.S. 1-13-112 Offenses relating to mail ballots - Any person who, by use of force or other means, unduly influences an elector to vote in any particular manner or to refrain from voting, or who falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits any mail ballot before or after it has been cast, or who destroys, defaces, mutilates, or tampers with such a ballot shall be punished by a fine of not more than five thousand dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than eighteen months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019 COORDINATED ELECTION:
- October 11 – 18, 2019: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors.
- October 15, 2019 Tuesday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through a voter registration drive. (no later than 22 days before the election)
- October 28, 2019, Monday: Last day to submit an application to register to vote through the mail, a voter registration agency, a local driver’s license examination facility, or online to receive a ballot in the mail for the Coordinated Election. (through the 8th day prior to the election)
- October 29, 2019 Tuesday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 28, 2019, Monday – November 5, 2019, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
- Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
- November 5, 2019: ELECTION DAY
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO