Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
MARRIAGE/CIVIL UNION INFORMATION:
There are a few extraordinary dates coming up on the calendar: Easy to remember for an anniversary date:
1. Proof of Identification for both parties:
- such as a United States issued Driver’s License,
- United States issued State Identification Card or
- Birth Certificate (must be original or a certified copy)
2. Age Requirement:
- both parties are 18 years old or older
- Under 18 court order (Law Change Effective Aug 2, 2019)
3. Have either party been married before or a party to a civil union:
- Divorced – need the date the most recent divorce was finalized (month, day and year), the Court that did the divorce and the city and state where the divorce occurred.
- Death of Spouse- Date and place of death.
4. Both parties will be asked the following information:
- Date of Birth
- City and State of Birth
- Last four of Social Security Number
- Parents’ names, city and state where parents currently live. (If parents are deceased they are listed as such.) If one or both parents’ location is unknown, they are listed as such.
5. Cost of a License is $30.00:
- IN CASH, We cannot accept checks, debit cards or credit cards. CASH ONLY.
6. The License must be used in the State of Colorado within 35 days of being issued.If License is not used within 35 days, it must be returned to the Clerk and Recorder’s Office to be voided.
7. If the parties cannot come in together to get the License:
- An Absentee Affidavit Application would be required for the one that cannot come in.
- The Absentee Affidavit must be filled out completely and signed in the presence of a Notary Public.
- A copy of identification showing proof of age must be provided.
8. Please allow approximately 30 minutes to issue the license.
Need requirements? Go on line at www.colorado.gov/logan or give us a call at 970-522-1544
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording!