Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
ELECTION INFORMATION: Watch for your ballot this week in the mail. Ballots for the November 6, 2018 General Election will be mailed this week October 15 – October 19, 2018. The General Election will be conducted as an all Mail Ballot Election. This means there will be no voting at precincts on Election Day November 6, 2018.
The ballot you receive in the mail is your official ballot and the ballot you need to vote and return to our office for processing.
Ballots are mailed to all Active Eligible Voters. As soon as you receive your ballot you may vote the ballot with your choices and then return it to the Clerk & Recorder’s Office during office hours or use our outside 24/7 Drive Up Drop Box (no postage needed) or by mail (2 FIRST CLASS STAMPS REQUIRED)
Remember to allow enough time for the ballot to reach our office! Postmarks do not count! Mail-in ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. November 6, 2018.
TIPS FOR MAIL BALLOTS:
- You will receive the ballot, secrecy sleeve and return envelope.
- Select candidates and questions you wish to vote on.
- Use a blue or black pen that will not bleed through the paper to vote your ballot. Completely fill in the oval next to the selection you want to vote for.
- If you do not want to vote the entire ballot, simply mark your selections and leave the rest blank.
- Place your ballot in the secrecy sleeve that came with your ballot.
- Place the ballot inside of the secrecy sleeve in your return envelope addressed to Logan County Clerk and Recorder, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751.
- Before sealing the envelope, please sign the signature affidavit located on the back of the envelope. This is required in order for your ballot to be processed. We must compare every signature to make sure that the intended voter was the one who signed the envelope.
We highly recommend that you:
- Drop your ballot off at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Sterling, CO 80751, located on the first floor, northwest corner of the Courthouse or,
- drop your ballot in the 24/7 drop box located in the Courthouse parking lot (Ash Street entrance) east side of the parking area (no postage necessary).
- You may also mail your ballot using the envelope provided (2 FIRST CLASS STAMPS REQUIRED)
QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT:
What if my ballot does not arrive? If your General Election ballot does not arrive by October 26, 2018 please come to the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office 315 Main St. Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 to obtain a replacement ballot.
I spoiled my ballot, now what do I do? Please call the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 522-1544 or stop by our office. You may obtain a replacement ballot during normal business hours; from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What do I do with my mail-in ballot? You can vote your ballot any time after you receive the ballot. You can either mail it back with (2 FIRST CLASS STAMPS REQUIRED) or bring it to the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office at 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751 Or drop it in the 24/7 Drive up Drop Box. You may do this any time up to November 6, 2018 all ballots must be received by 7:00 p.m. election day in order to be counted.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2018 GENERAL ELECTION:
- October 15 – 29, 2018: Ballots will be mailed to all active eligible electors.
- October 29, 2018, Monday: Last day to file an absentee ballot application to receive the absentee ballot by mail if you are absent from your home address.
- October 29, 2018, Monday – November 6, 2018, Tuesday: Voters can register to vote, obtain a replacement ballot or drop off their mail in ballots in person at the Logan County Clerk & Recorder’s Office, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
- Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office Election Department will be open on Saturday, October 27 and Saturday, November 3 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for ballot drop off, replacement ballots.
- November 6, 2018: ELECTION DAY
Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS AVAILABLE ON ELECTION DAY ONLY Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Logan County Heritage Center, 821 N. Division Ave., Sterling
Logan County Extension Office, 508 S. 10th Ave., Sterling
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO