Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder

Motor Vehicle Information:

Proof of Insurance is required in Motor Vehicle for most transactions.  Please bring your proof of insurance with you. 

Even if you have had the same insurance for years it is up to the insurance companies to send your vehicle vin number to the state data base and if your insurance company has not done that then we are required by law to see the proof of insurance and mark it in our computer for that transaction only.  Your insurance company is required to report it again to the state they are required to do so periodically for each vehicle. 

Out of state insurance policies cannot be accepted.  You must have a complying insurance policy from Colorado. 

When using your phone to provide proof of insurance please have it ready and on your phone before your transaction. 

If you have questions please feel free to contact our office.

REMEMBER: Logan County Drop Box can be used for Voted Ballots, Motor Vehicle Renewals or Tax Payments or any other correspondence that needs to get to a county office at the Courthouse. 

Logan County Clerk & Recorder/Motor Vehicle Offices will be closed Thursday, July 4, 2019 to celebrate Independence Day!

The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information.  The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle.  You can also reach our office by email at . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO