Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
Motor Vehicle Information:
House Bill 18-1285 Remuneration Exempt Disability Parking Placard was effective January 1, 2019 this bill creates a remuneration-exempt identifying placard that exempts an individual with a disability from paying for parking at a parking device if the disability limits the individual’s:
- Fine motor control in both hands
- Ability to reach a height of 48 inches from the ground due to lack of finger, hand or upper extremity strength or mobility; or
- Ability to reach or access a parking meter due to the use of a wheelchair or other ambulatory device.
Type of Placard and Issuance Requirements:
The remuneration-exempt placard is a three-year placard and issuance is completed with submission of the DR2219 Persons with Disabilities Parking Privileges Application completed by a professional that states the individual has a remuneration-exempt disability.
Number of Placards Allowed:
- One remuneration-exempt identifying placard to an eligible individual.
Persons with Disabilities Placard and License plate allowable combinations:
- Up to 2 Persons with Disabilities License Plates and No Placards.
- 1 Persons with Disabilities License Plate and 1 Persons with Disabilities Placard (permanent or remuneration-exempt)
- 2 Person with Disabilities Placards (permanent)
- 1 Person with Disabilities Placard (permanent) and 1 remuneration-exempt identifying placard.
The remuneration-exempt placard can be issued to:
- Individuals, except it does not include issuance to individuals under 16 years of age or
- to businesses that transport Persons with Disabilities.
Completed form DR2219 Persons with Disabilities Parking Privileges Application completed by a professional stating that the individual has a remuneration-exempt disability will be required to be submitted to Motor Vehicle.
Form DD2219 can be accessed on line at www.colorado.gov/dmv or at our office.
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO