Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
Persons with Disabilities
The State of Colorado issues license plates and placards to qualified persons with disabilities to park in reserved parking spaces. Disability parking is provided to assure that individuals requiring additional space to enter or exit their vehicles have the needed space and provide parking as close to the main entrance of a facility. The disability privilege allows a qualifying individual to park in any space marked with the International Symbol of Access.
The State of Colorado offers identifying license plates and placards for persons with disabilities to park in reserved parking spaces.
A person with a disability may apply for:
- An identifying placard to be prominently displayed on a motor vehicle used to transport such person with a disability.
- A distinguishing license plate to be displayed on a motor vehicle owned by such person.
- If the person with a disability is also a Disabled Veteran as determined by 42-3-213(5), C.R.S., that person may elect to display the Handicap Disabled Veteran license plates.
- A Persons With Disabilities Personalized License Plate
Placards may be issued or replaced through our online system. Identifying license plates or placards may also be issued by submitting a completed DR 2219 Persons with Disabilities Parking Privileges Application to the County Motor Vehicle Office. The application must be signed by the applicant or representative.
To be considered “disabled” and eligible for persons with disabilities license plates and/or placards, the applicant must meet one of the criteria below and have it verified in writing by a Professional*.
- Mobility: Persons who cannot walk two-hundred feet without stopping to rest.
- Assisted Mobility: Persons who cannot walk without the use of, or assistance from, a brace, cane, crutch, another person, prosthetic device, wheelchair, or other assistive device.
- Respiratory: Persons who are restricted by lung disease to such an extent that the person’s forced (respiratory) expiratory volume for one second when measured by spirometry is less than one liter, or the arterial oxygen tension is less than sixty mm/hg on room air or at rest.
- Oxygen: Persons who use portable oxygen.
- Cardiac: Persons who have a cardiac condition to the extent that the person’s functional limitations are classified in severity as class III or IV according to the standards of the American Heart Association.
- Other: Persons who are severely limited in their ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition.
Clerk & Recorder/Motor Vehicle Offices will be closed December 24 and December 25, 2018 and on January 1, 2019 so our employees can spend time with their families for the holidays!
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording!