Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
Election Day is not Election Day anymore and it is not what it used to be!
- 45 days before an election ballots are sent to Military and Overseas Electors.
- Counties must conduct a Logic and Accuracy test on voting equipment; this is to test equipment being used in the election to verify predetermined test deck totals to machine totals.
- 45 Days before Election Day counties must be able to issue a mail ballot to a voter who requests one in person at the County Clerk’s Office.
- 30 days before an election Tabor Notices are mailed for election ballot issue questions.
- 22 days before all elections ballots are mailed out to all Active voters. What does it mean to be active? The Clerk’s Office must not have received any correspondence showing mail being returned as undeliverable.
- 15 days prior to Election Day counting of mail ballots may begin but no results may be published until after 7:00 p.m. Election Day.
- Election Day all ballots must be in the hands of the County Clerk by 7:00 p.m. Ballots cast by military and overseas voters must be sent no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day and received by the close of business on the 8th day after the election.
- No later than 2 days after Election Day county clerk must send missing signature, signature verification, and missing ID letters for mail and provisional ballots.
- 8 days after Election Day last day for an elector to cure signature discrepancy or missing signatures or to provide ID for mail and provisional ballots to be counted.
- 9 days after Election Day county must upload ballot manifest and cast vote records to the Secretary of State
- 10 days after Election Day Secretary of State will notify each county of randomly selected ballot cards that each county must audit.
- 22 days after Election Day County and Audit Board must complete its reports of all ballot cards randomly selected for audit and submit to the Secretary of State.
- 23 days after Election Day Canvass board must complete canvass of election procedures and report to the Secretary of State
Logan County Offices will be closed the following days in November:
- Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23 for the Thanksgiving Holiday to allow our employees time to spend with their families.
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO