Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
September 25, 2018 is the seventh annual National Voter Registration Day. For information on events that may take place in our area go to the following link: http://www.nationalvoterregistrationday.org/events
In 2008, 6 million Americans didn't vote because they missed a registration deadline or didn't know how to register. In 2018, National Voter Registration Day truly arrived as a coast-to-coast civic and cultural event. In just a few short years, it grew from an idea dreamed up over a breakfast table to a phenomenon engaging over 3,500 partner organizations to register over 750,000 Americans to vote. National Voter Registration Day belongs not to one organization, but to every group that took part, from the massive mobilization organizations to the humble local volunteer teams.
On September 25, 2018, volunteers, celebrities, and organizations from all over the country will "hit the streets" for National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities-allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters who we could not reach otherwise.
What It Means
- Volunteers at transportation hubs, retail stores, sporting events, and concerts.
- Technology to help eligible voter’s ﬁnd registration drives nearby and to register to vote online.
- A network of grassroots, local organizations engaged in their own communities.
- Tens of thousands of voters registering to vote online and ofﬂine in a single day.
What It Will Accomplish
- Register Voters: A network of a thousand organizations operating on the ground and through social media will register tens of thousands of voters in the ﬁeld and tens of thousands more online while also receiving pledges to vote from those already registered.
- Mobilize Volunteers: By partnering with nonproﬁts not usually engaged in voter registration drives, and amplifying existing drives through event-based recruitment and cultural outreach, National Voter Registration Day will bring together thousands of volunteers across the nation to register voters.
- Educate Eligible Voters: Millions of voters need to register or update their registration every year. By utilizing new technology and leveraging partners, we'll educate more Americans than ever before, bringing new voters into the fold.
- Change the Conversation: National Voter Registration Day will be an opportunity to put our differences aside and celebrate the rights that unite us as Americans; democracy.
National Voter Registration Day is set for the fourth Tuesday of September by resolution of the National Association of Secretaries of State.
To register to vote online, update your address or verify your voter registration information, visit www.govotecolorado.com or stop by the office at Logan County Clerk & Recorder, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, CO 80751.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO