Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
MOTOR VEHICLE ALERTS:
The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and Governor’s Office of Information Technology completed the second rollout of a new computer system, Colorado DRIVES, on Monday, August 6. This rollout replaced the Colorado State Title and Registration System, originally installed between 1983 and 1987, with a modern, web-based system.
The DRIVES system is currently being used in all county motor vehicle offices to provide vehicle title and registration services.
While the system is functioning well overall, the project team has identified some issues, which is causing delays in some offices. As with any large technology project, there will be longer wait times and we expect this to improve rapidly.
Logan County Motor Vehicle requests patience while state resolves these issues and we adjust to the new system.
To avoid possible extended wait times in motor vehicle offices, residents are encouraged to use online services at mydmv.colorado.gov. There are many services available to allow individuals skip the trip to the DMV.
New online services at mydmv.colorado.gov/
- Renew Registration – You can renew your license plates on line and your stickers will come to you in the mail.
- First – time Registration – If you have a new purchase and you have a loan on the vehicle, once we have the title work in the computer you can go on line and register your vehicle and plates will come in the mail to you.
- Request a Duplicate Title- If you lost your title and you need a new one and there is not a loan on the title you can request a duplicate title and it will come in the mail to you.
- Registration Fee Estimator- have a new purchase and want to know how much your plates might cost?
- Add/change a Vehicle Address- Have you moved and need to update your address with us?
- Request a Personalized Plate- want personalized plates? Check it out on line.
- Replace tabs- Did your year tab vanish? Go on line and obtain replacements and they will be mailed to you.
- First Time Application Disability Placards
- Manage Disability Placards
- Get a Transaction Receipt
- Request a Title/Registration History Report
- Request a Title Status
Thank you for your patience as we work through the training and growing pains with the rest of the state to better serve Logan County Motor Vehicle customers.
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording!