Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon, Logan County Clerk and Recorder
Next week Tuesday, March 6, 2018 is Precinct Party Caucus Day!
The Logan County Elections Division is not involved in the caucus process.
For more specific information, please contact your Republican Party or Democratic Party.
If you are unsure what party you are affiliated with call our office 522-1544 prior to Caucus Day to obtain that information along with what precinct caucus you should attend.
What is a precinct caucus?
- The 2018 Precinct Party Caucus Day is March 6, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- In each even-numbered year, political parties hold their precinct caucus on the first Tuesday in March to begin the process of electing candidates to nominate in the up-coming election.
- Registered voters of the same political party gather at their respective precinct location to select delegates to represent the precinct at the county assembly and committee officers to organize political activities for the precinct.
- Precinct caucuses are open to the public and held throughout the state.
Who can vote in a precinct caucus?
- A resident of the precinct for 30 days.
- A resident affiliated with the caucusing political party for at least 2 months before the precinct caucuses.
- January 2, 2018 – was the last day to affiliate with the Republican or Democratic Party in order to vote in the March 6 party precinct caucus.
- A registered voter no later than 29 days before the caucus.
- February 5, 2018 – was the last day to update your voter registration address to participate in the March 6 party precinct caucus.
Those who would be interested in serving as an election judge should attend their respective party’s caucus and add their name to the judges list.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com. Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording! or Twitter @LoganClerkCO