Recorder's Notes by Pamela Bacon
Party Assemblies and Conventions
What is a county assembly?
- Precinct caucus delegates gather to select candidates for the state primary election, delegates to the congressional district assemblies and delegates to the state assembly.
- The county assembly is held no later than 25 days after the precinct caucuses.
What is a district assembly?
- The district assembly selects district level delegates to the national convention. Delegates also nominate candidates for Congress, the Colorado General Assembly, the State Board of Education, the Board of Regents and District Attorneys.
- The time and place of the district assembly is determined by the chairperson of the district committee.
What is a state assembly/convention?
- State assembly members nominate candidates for statewide offices for the primary election ballot and delegates for the national convention.
- The state assembly/convention is held no later than 73 days before the primary election.
Democratic Party County Assembly will be held March 20, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Gary DeSoto Building.
Republican Party County Assembly will be held March 17, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. at the Sterling High School Auditorium.
Unaffiliated Voter Election Judge: April 24, 2018 is the last day an unaffiliated voter may give notice in writing to the County Clerk that he/she wishes to serve as an election judge.
REMEMBER: Logan County Drop Box can be used for Voted Ballots, Motor Vehicle Renewals or Tax Payments or any other correspondence that needs to get to a county office at the Courthouse.
BallotTrax is a free service for Logan County Voters that allows you to track the status of your ballot online, as well as receive messages by text, phone or email when your ballot has been sent to you and received by our Elections Division. Logan County voters may sign up at votelogancounty.ballottrax.net
The Election and Recording Department can be reached at 522-1544 for voter and election questions or recording information. The Motor Vehicle Department can be reached at 522-1158 for license plates/renewals or titling a vehicle. You can also reach our office by email at email@example.com . Like us on Facebook at Logan County Elections/MotorVehicle/Recording or Twitter @LoganClerkCO