Energy Efficiency Weatherization Assistance
Weatherization means making cost effective, energy-efficient upgrades to a home. These improvements will reduce energy usage while enhancing the homes comfort year round. The Colorado Energy Office offers free Energy Efficiency services to income qualified residents.
Weatherization services include a variety of measures that improve the energy efficiency of a home. These cost-effective services reduce wasted energy and lower costs while improving the overall comfort and safety of a home year-round.
Improvements may include:
- Insulation in attic, floors & walls
- Furnace Safety testing & Repair or Replacement
- Regridgerator Replacement
- LED Lightbulb Retrofit
- Air Sealing
- Storm Windows & Doors
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Energy Conservation Education
How do I know if I qualify?
Recieiving financial assistance from any of the following programs qualifies you for weatherization services:
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Aid to the Needy and Disabled (AND)
- Old Age Pension (OAP)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Households may be eligible for weatherization services if they meet required income guidelines. The following chart will determine eligibility.
|Number of Household Members||Gross Annual Household Income*|
|Each Additional Person||$8,640|
*Gross Income means before tax
Source: Department of Energy Weatherization Program Notice 18-3
Can Renters Qualify?
If your landlord agrees, renters in single-family, multi-family, and manufactured home residences can qualify for free weatherization services. Contact the City or Northwest Colorado Council of Governments for more information or to download an application.
Northwest Council of Governments
1-800-332-3669 | www.nwcog.org