Health First Colorado and CHP+ Provider Revalidation
Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) providers must revalidate in the program at least every five (5) years to continue as a provider. Organization Health Care Providers are required to obtain and use a unique National Provider Identifier (NPI) for each service location and provider type enrolled.
ATTENTION: The deadlines for the next revalidation cycle will be in October 2020, based on previous enrollment approval dates. Providers will be contacted via email approximately 6 months prior to their revalidation deadline with further instructions. Do not attempt to revalidate now, as the Colorado interChange is still in the process of being set up to accommodate revalidation. Attempting to revalidate by completing a new application before being notified will create duplicate enrollments and cause claim processing issues.
- What can providers do now to prepare?
- Ensure each National Provider Identifier (NPI) for Health First Colorado is also enrolled with Medicare, for providers who bill Medicare. Please see the Colorado NPI Law web page for more information.
- Ensure all the data in each enrollment profile is correct prior to revalidation. Providers have 3 email addresses on file and the "contact" email address is used for provider enrollment communications.
- What do providers need to know?
- Quick guides will be published prior to revalidation.
- Providers will be revalidated on a continuous, rolling 5-year schedule.
- Providers with multiple locations will not have to revalidate all sites at once unless all the locations were approved on the same day. Email notices will be sent separately for each location.
- Each provider will be notified via email six months in advance of their revalidation deadline. The deadline is based on the date the enrollment application was approved.