Provider Maintenance - Provider Web Portal Quick Guide
Table of Contents
- Adding a Specialty
- Address Changes
- Update Address
- Opt Out of Provider Directory
- Open/Close Panel
- Updating Malpractice or Liability Insurance
- Check the Status of an Update Request
Log in to the Provider Web Portal and click Provider Maintenance.
Click Provider Maintenance again.
Adding a Specialty
- Click the Specialty and Contact Information Changes link to add a new specialty.
- Click the [+] next to "Click to add a specialty" to access the drop-down menu.
- Select the specialty.
- Add the effective and end dates. A unique taxonomy is required (Not applicable to provider types not requiring an NPI.)
- Click "Add" to add the specialty or "Reset" to remove the information.
- Confirm that the new taxonomy appears on the list.
- Repeat steps 2-6 until all specialties have been added.
- Click "Go to Submit" at the bottom of the page. This will open the Attachments and Fees section.
- Add any required attachments.
- Check the "I accept" box, enter the name of the person reporting the change, and click the Submit button.
Click Address Changes, then click on the + next to the address being changed.
Opt-out of Provider Directory and changing the panel can only be done in the Service Location.
Edit the address information, check or uncheck the applicable checkboxes, & click Save. Providers are required to attach a 147-C form if updating a 1099 address.
Click Group Affiliation Changes
Note: Individuals can only be affiliated to a group, not to a facility
To add a Group affiliation, click the + next to Click to add Group Affiliation
Click the magnifying glass to search for a provider Group
Search for the provider Group to affiliate to by NPI, Provider ID, Name, or Organization.
Click on the Provider ID for the provider Group to affiliate to; make sure it is the correct location.
Choose the effective date for the affiliation, and then click Add
Continue to add additional Group affiliations as needed.
To remove an affiliation, simply fill in the end date of the affiliation and Save.
Click the links on the left-hand side to edit other pieces of provider information, or click Go to Submit to submit all changes made
Attach any supporting documentation (if applicable), complete required fields, and click Submit.
Retain tracking number
Updating Malpractice or Liability Insurance
Providers must maintain an up-to-date record of their malpractice or liability insurance policy with Health First Colorado. Currently, there is no Provider Maintenance panel within the Provider Web Portal where providers can enter their insurance information.
In an upcoming Provider Web Portal update, a new Insurance panel will be added under Provider Maintenance which will allow providers to enter and submit their most recent insurance information. Until the change is implemented, whenever an insurance update is necessary, providers may submit their current insurance policy documentation and track the update by following the steps below.
Insurance documents are submitted through the Attachments and Submit panel. However, initially, the Attachments and Submit panel is grayed out and unavailable.
- Activate the Attachments and Submit panel one of two ways:
Click one of the links on the left-hand side of the screen to navigate to an area. The Attachments and Submit panel will now be active. Click Attachments and Submit.
Click Continue until the Specialty and Contact Information Changes page is reached. Click the Go to Submit button. This will direct providers to an active Attachments and Submit panel.
Note: Users with the Fingerprinting panel will always be directed to the Fingerprint panel before being allowed to go to the Attachments and Submit panel.
- Submit changes.
Select Proof of Malpractice/Liability as the Attachment Type, attach the insurance document, sign by entering the name and then click the Submit button.
- Retain tracking number
Check the status of an update request
Click the Provider Maintenance Status link.
Enter the Tracking Number for the update request, and click Search.
View Status details
Need More Help?
Please visit the Quick Guides web page to find all the Provider Web Portal Quick Guides.