The State Measurement for Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent (SMART) Government Act (Colorado House Bill 10-1119) established a performance-based budgeting system for Colorado. Section 2-7-201, et seq., C.R.S., requires departments to create performance plans outlining their goals, and describe how those goals will be evaluated through performance measures. Performance plans are to be readily available to legislators and the public.
The Department’s Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Performance Plan describes its mission, vision, strategic goals, and annual performance measures. The Department's five strategic pillars, designed to ensure customer-focused performance management, are as follows:
- Health Care Affordability for Coloradans — Reduce the cost of care in Colorado
- Medicaid Cost Control — Ensure the right services for the right people at the right price
- Member Health — Improve member health
- Customer Service — Improve service to members, care providers, and partners
- Operational Excellence — Create compliant, efficient, and effective business practices that are person- and family-centered