Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT)
What is Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT)?
Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT) is transportation to and/or from Medicaid medical appointments or services, and is only available when a client has no other means of transportation.
Types of transportation available include:
- Mobility vehicle
- Private vehicle
- Public transportation
- Wheelchair van
- Stretcher van
- Reimbursement also may be provided for gas, bus tokens and bus passes.
Who is eligible?
- Most Medicaid clients who have no other means of transportation may qualify
- Clients under the following Medicaid programs do not qualify:
- Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
- Old Age Pension – State Medical Program (OAP SMP)
- Qualified Individual – 1 Medicare (QI-1)
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB)
- Special Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB)
What additional services are available?
Meals and lodging may be covered under NEMT. Transportation, meals and lodging for an escort to accompany an at-risk adult or child may also be covered.
What services are not covered?
Transportation anywhere other than a Medicaid medical appointment or service with an authorized Medicaid provider.
Is there transportation for non-medical appointments or services?
If you are enrolled in a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver program, some non-medical transportation may be covered. For additional information contact your local Single Entry Point Agency.
When I call, what information will I need to provide?
- Medicaid Identification Number
- One other type of personal information, such as birth date
- Date the ride is required
- Actual address of pick-up location
- Name of medical provider
How do I schedule NEMT Services?
- You must contact Total Transit if you live in the following counties:
- Clients call 855-264-6368; Providers call the 855-264-6368 and select option 3.
- You must contact Mountain Ride Transportation Resource Center if you live in the following counties:
- Clients call 844-686-7433 (Toll-Free)
- If you live in a county that is not listed above, contact your local county office.
For more information contact the Medicaid Customer Contact Center at 1-800-221-3943.