Medical Assistance (MA) Site Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Medical Assistance Site (MA)?
A Medical Assistance (MA) Site is a designated site certified by the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Department) to accept and process the State authorized medical assistance application for the programs that are administered by the Department. The Department was authorized to establish MA sites by Statute (CRS 25.5-4-205 et seq). MA Sites use the Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS) to determine eligibility for Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and Medicaid programs.
How does an agency become an MA site?
Interested parties are required to submit a Letter of Interest (LOI) to become an MA site. The LOI should be mailed to Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) at 1570 Grant Street, Denver, CO 80203, attention Monica Owens, MA Site Contract Manager, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LOI should include the following information:
- Why is your organization interested in becoming an MA site?
- What population and/or communities will benefit from you organization becoming an MA site?
- Is your organization currently functioning as an active CAAS and/or PE site?
- What are the anticipated staffing levels and location(s) if your organization becomes an MA site?
- How is your organization going to fund your ability to function as an MA site?
- Is your organization currently a Medical Assistance Provider?
Once the Contract Manager (Manager) receives the LOI, the following process will occur:
- A confirmation email will be sent to the Interested Party (Party) indicating whether the LOI is complete or incomplete. If incomplete, the Party should receive an email request for missing and/or additional information be provided to continue the LOI process.
- Upon receipt of a complete LOI, the Manager will determine if the Party’s responses met the specific criterions to become an MA site.
- The Party will be sent an approval or denial response from the Manager via email or letter, within 30 business days from the receipt of the completed LOI.
Please contact MA Site Contract Manager, Monica Owens at 303-866-2286 or email@example.com for more information.