Health First Colorado Trusts
Health First Colorado Trust Unit
Special Notice: Disability Trust Rule Update Information Meeting
Purpose of Meeting: The Department of Health Care Policy and Financing is updating its rule for Disability Trusts. Beneficiaries of Disability Trusts and Trustees for Disability Trusts are invited to learn more about the rule update and how it will affect them at an informational meeting and webinar.
- Disability Trusts Fact Sheet
- Webinar Recording: https://cohcpf.adobeconnect.com/pf1076nznpy1/
What Is a Trust?
Any arrangement whereby property is transferred by the settlor with the intention that it be administered by a trustee for the benefit of another (the beneficiary).
Which Trusts Do We Review?
Any trust which was established by or which benefits a Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) member or applicant.
- The applicant or client shall submit trust documents and records to the eligibility site and to the Department. 10 CCR 2505-10, Section 8.100.7.E.7
Basic Question for Any Trust
Can the Health First Colorado member or applicant access the assets in the trust?
If he or she can, then the trust is usually a countable resource.If he or she cannot, then the trust is usually not a countable resource for purposes of financial eligibility.
Types of Trusts
The following trusts may be exempt from income or resource requirements for purposes of financial eligibility:
- Income Trust (10 CCR 2505-10, Section 8.100.7.E.6.a)
- Disability Trust (10 CCR 2505-10, Section 8.100.7.E.6.b)
- Pooled Trust (10 CCR 2505-10, Section 8.100.7.E.6.c)
For more information or to submit trusts, records, or documents to the Trust Unit, please contact the Department at:
Attn: Trust Unit
Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
1570 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203