Remember these important tips about your benefits that can keep you or your family or caretaker healthy:
✓ Your child should get regular well-child check-ups. These are free to children on Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+).
✓ You and your child should see the dentist regularly as recommended by your dentist.
Now, you can get up to $1,000 of dental services a year. Find out more about Adult Medicaid Dental Services.
It is important to take your child to the dentist by his or her first birthday. Your child should also get dental checkups as recommended by your dentist. Colorado Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) cover visits to the dentist.
- Find a Medicaid or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) Provider
- Cavity-Free at Three resources
- Helpful Videos:
✓ You and your child should get weight and height screening at each visit to your provider. Tracking your weight and height can help find health problems early.
- Free information about healthy eating and how to plan, shop and cook healthy meals
- Understanding your Body Mass Index (a measure of obesity)
✓ Your teenager (ages 11-20) can receive a depression screening each year, or sooner if you are worried.
Getting An Appointment
If you have Colorado Medicaid, talk to your provider.
If you have Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) talk to your provider or call your CHP+ health plan.
Getting Services Right Away
Call the Metro Crisis Line at 888-885-1222.
If you or someone you know is at risk for suicide, please call 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255). This is the Colorado Lifeline - a 24 hour crisis line for depression/suicide.
✓ You can help improve your health by quitting smoking. Let us help you to quit smoking.
Other Health and Wellness Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Healthy Living
- Department of Health and Human Services: Health Finder
- ManTherapy--Mental Health Therapy Designed by Men, for Men
- Learn about how we can help you to quit smoking!
For additional information, contact Jerry Ware at (303) 866-2335.
The Department of Health Care Policy and Financing is not responsible for the content of external websites.