Electronic Visit Verification Overview
What is EVV?
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a technology solution which verifies information through mobile application, telephony, or web-based portal.
EVV is used to ensure that home or community-based services are delivered to people needing those services by documenting the precise time service begins and ends.
Section 12006 of the 21st Century Cures Act requires all state Medicaid agencies implement an EVV solution.
States that do not implement EVV will incur a reduction of Federal funding.
EVV is available for current use in Colorado and will be required beginning late summer 2020.
What must EVV capture?
Type of Service
Date of the
Time the Service
What Types of Services Require EVV for Colorado?
- Behavioral Therapies (provided in home or community)
- Consumer Directed Attendant Support Services (CDASS)
- Durable Medical Equipment (requiring in-home setup)
- Home Health
- Independent Living Skills Training (ILST)
- In-Home Support Services (IHSS)
- Life Skills Training
- Occupational Therapy (provided in the home)
- Pediatric Behavioral Health
- Pediatric Personal Care
- Personal Care
- Physical Therapy (provided in the home)
- Private Duty Nursing
- Respite (provided in the home or community)
- Speech Therapy (provided in the home)
- Youth Day