Children's Habilitation Residential Program Waiver (CHRP)
A waiver is an extra set of Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) benefits that you could qualify for in certain cases. These benefits can help you remain in your home and community. Waivers have extra program rules and some programs may have waitlists.
The Children's Habilitation Residential Program Waiver provides services for children and youth who have an intellectual or developmental disability and very high needs. Their needs for support put them at risk of, or in need of, out of home placement. Waiver services help children and youth learn and maintain skills needed to live in their communities.
Level of Care
- Your child must meet the intermediate care facility for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities definition as defined in 42 CFR §440.150.
- Your child is ages 0-20 years old.
- Your child has an intellectual or developmental disability or developmental delay if under age five (5), and has intensive behavioral or medical support needs that put them at risk or in need of out of home placement.
Benefits and Services
- Supported Community Connections
- Habilitation Services
- Cognitive Services*
- Communication Services*
- Emergency Assistance Training*
- Independent Living Training*
- Personal Care Services*
- Self-Advocacy Training*
- Supervision Services*
- Travel Services*
- Professional Services (Hippotherapy, Massage, Movement Therapy)
- Respite Services
- Intensive Support Services
- Transition Support Services
(* = Services are not billed separately but under the habilitation services and are part of residential services)