Breast And Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP)
The Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP) is a program for members of Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) who have been diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer. BCCP also covers breast and cervical conditions that may lead to cancer if not treated.
- Have been diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer;
- Are between 40 and 64 years old;
- Have an income less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level;
- Have not had a mammogram or Pap smear test in the last year;
- Do not have health insurance or the insurance does not cover breast or cervical cancer treatment;
- Are not currently enrolled in Health First Colorado and are not eligible for Medicare; and
- Are U.S. citizens or qualified non-citizens.
There are income limits for this program.
BCCP Monthly Income Limits by Family Size **
- Family size of 1, up to $2,475 per month
- Family size of 2, up to $3,338 per month
- Family size of 3, up to $4,200 per month
- Family size of 4, up to $5,563 per month
**Size of Family Unit supported by Total Gross Household Income. Gross income is money made by individual BEFORE taxes.
Benefits and Services
- All Health First Colorado services are available, including breast reconstruction after breast cancer surgery
- Prescription drugs, office visits, lab testing, and inpatient care
- Certain services will need prior authorization
Where Do I Get These Services?
When Does BCCP Coverage End?
Coverage ends if you:
- Get other insurance that covers treatment for breast or cervical cancer;
- Are eligible for another Health First Colorado program;
- Turn 65;
- Do not send in the renewal packet on time;
- Refuse treatment or do not start treatment within the first three months in the program; or
- Have completed active treatment for breast or cervical cancer
How To Apply
If you were not diagnosed through a Women's Wellness Connection site, please follow the steps outlined in the steplist below to apply.
- Non-Women Wellness Provider Attestation
- BCCP Contact and Consent
- BCCP Presumptive Eligibility (English)
- BCCP Presumptive Eligibility (Spanish)
- BCCP Eligibility Expansion Steplist
Women's Wellness Connection sites will help you apply.
- Call toll-free 1-866-951-WELL (9355) to find a nearby WWC site or go to www.womenswellnessconnection.org.
If you have questions about this program please contact Diane.Stayton@state.co.us, 303-866-2385.