Certified Application Assistance Sites (CAAS)
What is a Certified Application Assistance Site (CAAS)?
Certified Application Assistance Sites (CAAS) are community based organizations or non profit organizations who agree to be listed on our Department Mapping Tool as a community resource, authorized by the Department to assist Colorado Citizens applying for medical benefits, and/or in need of assistance completing an Application for Health Coverage & Help Paying Costs or an Application for Public Assistance.
How does an agency become certified?
- The agency must complete and submit a separate CAAS Enrollment Application form for each location interested in enrolling as a CAAS.
- The agency must agree to ensure that all staff assisting with the applications are adequately trained on:
- The responsibilities of staff providing CAAS assistance
- The reporting requirements of a CAAS site
- The process for completing an application
- Each agency agrees to ensure all staff providing application assistance attend a CAAS Training presentation, and submit their passing test scores to the CAAS Administrator to be issued a certificate of completion prior to providing CAAS assistance.
- The agency must be a community-based organization or non-profit organization that is supporting the community, not an individual's interest.
- The agency must agree to submit all applications and documentation to the client's County department of human/social services or to the Medical Assistance Site within five business days.