The Job Hunt
Enthusiasm can make a big difference in your job search. In fact, a healthy attitude can determine the direction in which your life goes and lead to career success. Believe in yourself. Believe you can do it.
Tips For An Effective Job Search
- Outline daily activities to look for a job. Looking for a job is a full time job.
- Apply for jobs early in the day. This will make a good impression and give you time to complete applications, have job interviews, take tests, etc.
- Call employers to find out the best times to apply. Some companies take applications only on certain days and at certain times during the week.
- Keep track. Write down all employers you contact, the date of your contacts and the people you talked to. A record is important for follow-up calls and thank-you letters.
- Be Strategic. Apply at several companies located in the same area, when possible. This saves time and money.
- Be prepared. Have a pen with you at all time. You never know when you might be filling out a job application. Have a “master application” and resumes and job information with you all the time. Who knows when a “hot lead” will come your way?
- Follow up leads immediately. If you find out about a good job late in the day, call right then! Don’t wait until the next day. You snooze, you lose!
- Network. Tell everyone you know that you are looking for a job. Stay in touch with friends and contacts. Follow up new leads immediately.
- Read books and research online on how to get a job.
We can help!
We provide the tools you will need at our workforce centers. Get started at your local workforce center or begin your search now by registering with our job-search engine Connecting Colorado, the official state-run website which provides secure access for your job search.