DOG LICENSING AND SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION AVAILABLE: WEDNESDAYS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M.
FINGERPRINTING AND VIN INSPECTIONS AVAILABLE: THURSDAYS FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M.
From the Desk of Chief DeLaurentis
Welcome to the Florence Police Department Website. My name is Michael DeLaurentis. I was appointed to the position of Chief of Police June 26th, 2012. At that time the police department had 9 full-time officers and 1 reserve officer. The police department now has 13 full-time officers, and we now have 4 reserve officers. Our goal is to have 8 to 10 reserve officers to assist the full-time officers in all aspects of policing. Here are some of my goals for the police department.
1) To become more proactive instead of reactive
2) To work closer with the businesses and community on safety concerns
3) Have the officers engage in more walk and talks within the community
4) To create stronger working intergovernmental agreements with local, state and federal agencies
5) To create a stable long term SRO program
6) To engage young adults in other activities, such as a police explorer program
7) To expand the police department with more visible street patrol
8) To provide the highest quality police services to the people who live in, work in and visit our community.
I'm honored to serve the citizens and community of Florence. I hope in my time as Police Chief, that the officers and I will meet and exceed all of the goals we have set
Chief Michael DeLaurentis